Lemon Chicken Almondine
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Pound the chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness. Place in a shallow dish.
- Combine lemon juice, peel, Dijon, garlic, pepper, and olive oil. Pour over chicken, and marinate 1 hour, turning if necessary.
- Toast the almonds till they are golden brown, about 5 min on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven, or in the microwave on a plate for about 3 minutes.Set aside.
- Drain chicken, reserving the marinade. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the chicken till lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 min per side.
- Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add reserved marinade and chicken stock to the pan, mixing together. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in the cornstarch mixture, continuing stirring till thickened and smooth.
- Return the chicken to the pan and heat through, covering with sauce. Remove the chicken to a serving plate, cover with sauce and sprinkle with almonds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!