Layered Toffee Cake
- Ready In:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping or 1/2 cup butterscotch sundae sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 prepared angel food cake
- 9 Heath candy bars or 9 butterfinger candy bars, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream just until it begins to thicken.
- Gradually add the ice cream topping and vanilla, beating until soft peaks form.
- Cut cake horizontally into three layers.
- Place the bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with 1 cup of the frosting mixture and sprinkle 1/2 cup of the chopped candy bars.
- Place the top layer on the cake; frost the tops AND sides of the cake with the remaining cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining candy bar.
- Refrigerate until served.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fantastic recipe! I made my own angel food cake rather than buying one and it worked great! The cake was easy to frost because the recipe makes a generous amount of frosting/topping - I hate having to "stretch" frosting. It was great the day it was made, but even better after sitting in the fridge overnight. The trickiest part is slicing the layers, but a serrated knife used slowly and carefully does the trick. It's an easy dessert that looks and tastes impressive, which is a 5 star combination in my book!