Lamb Pie and Mustard Thatch
photo by JoyfulCook
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 500 g lamb, lean, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 150 ml water
- 2 lamb stock cubes
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, fresh, chopped
- cornflour, to thicken
- 800 g potatoes
- 1 onion, small
- 1 tablespoon mustard, Dijon grained
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Brown the Lamb in a medium saucepan until it changes colour. Add the chopped and diced onion, celery and carrots and cook for a further few minutes.
- Add the stock cubes. and water - making sure that it only just covers the meat and vegetables, add the Worcestershire Sauce, Rosemary salt and pepper Simmer for 20 minutes until well cooked, thicken with cornflour.
- Place in a 12 inch square dish and leave to cool.
- Peel the potatoes and small dice the onion, boil until cooked. Mash and add the Dijon grained mustard, mix well and carefully cover the top of the meat.
- Cook in a hot oven 200c for about 35 minutes, until golden brown and serve with fresh vegetables.
- Freezes well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We now reside back in England after returning from Australia after most of our working life there. I have been fortunate enough to have lived in many countries when I was younger and therefore many of my recipes reflect this! Love to cook. love to travel too