Kroger Deli Cajun Chicken Pasta Salad
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lay chicken breasts out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle Cajun seasoning over the chicken breasts (just enough to lightly coat). Flip the breasts over and do the same on the other side.
- Bake the chicken breasts in the hot oven for 20 to 30 minutes (they should be fork-tender and juices should run clear with no sign of pink). Remove chicken and cool in the refrigerator.
- Cook pasta. When done, shock in ice water to stop the cooking. Drain thoroughly.
- Core, seed and julienne peppers. Remove ends from onion, peel, cut in half, then julienne. Combine with the cooked pasta.
- Cut cooled chicken breasts in half and then slice 1/2-inch thick in the other direction, across the grain. Add to pasta salad.
- Combine last ten ingriedients into dressing and pour over salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I am still young (25) Life experince has aged me alot. I learned to cook at both of my grandmother's knees (One southern American, one southern Irish) when I was about five. By ten I started collecting cookbooks and experinmenting on my own. As a latch key kid I cooked for my four younger brothers and sisters. My mom ran a small deli before she died when I was 17 so alot of my recies debuted there. Now I run my own catering Buisness. I am married to a wnderful man for five years now. I am a six year old daughter, sons who are four and three. We are also raising my 14 year old sister and nine Year old stepsister and have a 16 year old foster daughter, all of which love cooking with me. I am writing a cookbook with the hopes that when I pass I can leave my recipes for them My cookbook collection has now reached over 1200. Thank you for trying and reviewing my recipes.. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">