Kiwi, Strawberry and Mango Fizz
photo by Charlotte J
- Ready In:
- 200 g strawberries (hulled and quartered)
- 2 kiwi fruits (small, peeled and quartered)
- 1 mango (flesh removed and chopped)
- 2 (200 ml) sparkling white wine (bottles)
- Using a food processor or blender, process the strawberries, kiwifruit and mango until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving jug or carafe and add the wine and stir to combine.
- Set aside for 2 to 3 minutes to allow the bubbles to subside.
- Evenly pour among champagne flutes and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This has a great blend of fruit flavors. I almost made as written, but I could not resist turning it into a frozen drink. All the fruit and 1/2 of the wine went into the freezer at noon. Then at cocktail hour later that night, I took the frozen mixture chopped it some and added the rest of the wine into the blender. This will cool you down in a flash. Try freezing one for yourself on a heat summer night, you won't be sorry. Potluck Tag -- SPRING/SUMMER 2010 for Get Out Your Blender, Frozen Beverage Party
Except for using sparkling grape juice, the ingredients were followed right down the line, & what I came up with was a great tasting drink, & something worth making again! Somewhat different tasting, but certainly satisfying! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a recipenap in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #18]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.