Kiwi Chicken Tostadas
photo by Starrynews
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed or 4 purchased baked tostadas
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and chopped, and or 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese (2 ounces) or 1/2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese (2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt. Brush all sides of chicken with oil; sprinkle evenly with cumin mixture.
- Place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling.
- Cut chicken into bite-size strips.
- Arrange romaine on warmed tortillas.
- Top with kiwifruit and/or tomatoes, chicken, and cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j446/pammyowl2/chelsea-1-1.jpg?t=1358729305 alt=width=320 height=234 /><img src=http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j446/pammyowl2/th_2934e8e56debfb521317951198.jpg alt=width=160 height=160 /><img src=http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j446/pammyowl2/th_HPIM0151.jpg alt=width=160 height=90 /> alt= />I am an avid cook and baker. I have a Farmers Market stand where I sell breads and sweets. I am really enjouing my stand, as I get to make all kinds of breads, although the sweets are the big attraction! I am married to theworlds most wonderful man, have an aan amazingly brilliant child (of course I would say that!). In short, I am a verry happy, cheerful woman. Baking bread is my passion, but I love to cook anything. </p> <p>I have two great dogs, Jack and Lucy, a black lab and a boxer/pitbull mix, respectively.</p> <p>My rating system;</p> <p>5 stars= great, had fun making it and will make again</p> <p>4= made some changes as the recipe needed tweaking</p> <p>3= probably will not make again</p> <p>I will not post a 2 or 1 star rating, I'd rather post the review with no stars and share some possible fixes:)</p>