Kinilaw Na Tanigue (Filipino Version of Ceviche)
- Ready In:
- 1 kg skinned fresh sea bass, cubed to bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 diced tomatoes
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 3 tablespoons finely minced gingerroot
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄4 cup spring onion, minced
- salt and pepper
- Marinate fish in vinegar for at least 30 minutes. Keep it in the refrigerator.
- Drain and mix with lemon juice and all other ingredients.
- Serve chilled.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Lurveeeeeeed this to bits PinayGourmet... :) I halve the recipe and subbed 2 pieces of siling labuyo (bird's eye chili peppers) to the bell peppers and added slices of grilled pork belly the last minute. With the added sinugbang baboy (grilled pork), we called this 'Sinuklaw' back home. And this tasted so good, me and my other Filipina friend actually gobbled it up in less than 3 minutes without batting an eyelid. :) Planning to make this again very soon. Yummmmmmm!!! Thanks for posting!!!