Kim's Italian Meatballs
photo by Mama Cee Jay
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 2 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Soak 2 slices of bread in 1/4 cup milk for 10 minutes.
- Don't squeeze out the milk, as adding the milk and bread to the meat mixture will make the meatballs very tender.
- Add all other ingredients to the wet bread and milk and mix well with hands.
- Roll meat into balls (about the size of a golf ball) and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes or until meat is done.
- Add to spaghetti sauce and let simmer in sauce for at leat 30 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 12 more reviews
Very good! Would be a good meatball to use in any recipe. We really enjoyed with recipe #83854. I doubled the recipe and froze half of the meatballs to use later, and would highly suggest doing so. This is a true meatball, not one of those full of spongy fillers. Italian sausage instead of ground pork would be a nice variation. Thanks for sharing the recipe!