- Ready In:
- 48hrs 20mins
- 1 head cabbage, finely shredded (Napa is best)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup red chili pepper flakes (more if you dare)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place cabbage, carrot and green onions in a large bowl.
- In a blender, combine vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chili flakes, and sugar, blending until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and gently toss.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 days before serving to let the cabbage wilt and the flavors meld.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was excellent!! Easy and delicious, not to mention nutritious! I made a couple tweaks to ingredient amounts for personal preference - I only used 2 green onions and 1 large garlic clove because I have to be around people during the day. :) Also, I cut WAAY back on the red pepper flakes. 2 TBSP is a LOT, so I used about 1/2 tsp, and there was plenty of fire. And I like spicy, too. Also, I used 1 tbsp sesame oil and 3 tbsp olive oil - sesame is such a strong oil, with this amount, the flavor came through quite nicely. There are so many variations on this, I can't wait to make this again! Broccoli, cukes, whatever is in the fridge. Thanks, I'll make this often!
This was delish. I added about 3/4 of an english cucumber, skinned and juliened. It added a wonderful coolness to the salad. I will definately make this again. I can see myself adding broccoli slaw sometimes too. I used less pepper flakes and only used 3 green onions because of DS and DD. Thanks for sharing! Made for Green Eggs & Ham Asian Game.