Kahlua, Pineapple, Apple, Banana Smoothie
This was an entry in RSC #10.
- Ready In:
- 1 (6 ounce) container vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup pineapple chunk, frozen (you could use fresh pineapple or pineapple from the can as long as you freeze it)
- 1 1⁄2 ripe frozen bananas, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 apple, peeled and chopped (preferably green)
- 1 -2 tablespoon Kahlua
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ice cube, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pecans, chopped, for topping (optional)
- sweetened whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Add all ingredients to blender except for the pecans and sweetened whipped cream.
- I like to add all the liquid ingredients first and then the frozen on top; I find that it blends together easier.
- For even a thicker smoothie, add more ice.
- Divide among glasses.
- Top each serving with toasted pecans and sweetened whipped cream, if using.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I struggled with rating this recipe. I went in to the recipe knowing it was really high fat. But, there are plenty of high-fat foods I will eat.....but they have to be outstanding. It is kind of like going to a really expensive restaurant. I'm willing to pay the price, but the food better be exceptional. That is the reasoning behind this review. The smoothie was OK, but not worth the price of admission.Reply
Banana Yummy! But oh so fattening! I didn`t taste the Kahlua in this and would have like to see more of it. Or none at all for a healthy smoothie for breakfast. I used an unpeeled organic granny smith to enjoy all the healthy benefits from the skin. This was sweet and tangy drink. The brown sugar could be cut back or skipped. Yes I do understand these ingredients needed to be used because of the RSC contest. I`m sure it could have been tweaked for lower fat and less sugar to make it a 5 stars recipe using the ingredients needed. Thanks.Reply