photo by Kana K.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage, ground, if you can't find ground sausage at your local market, buy hot Italian sausages and simply s
- 4 ounces butter
- 6 cups boiled potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 9 eggs, beaten
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Peel and cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes for cubed potatoes and 20 to 25 minutes for quartered potatoes, your preference.
- Cook the sausage over medium heat until golden brown, be careful not to chop up the sausage to fine.
- Preheat a large skillet or flat grill over medium-high heat and melt the butter. Add the boiled potatoes and saute until golden brown. Add onions, green peppers, tomatoes, browned sausage, and jalapeno peppers. Saute together for 5 minutes. Mix in beaten eggs until the eggs are cooked.
- Divide jumbot in half in the skillet or grill, and add 8 ounces of the cheddar cheese to 1 half of jumbot. Take the other half of jumbot and lay it on top of cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Variations to jumbot: add 1 1/2 cups of chopped ham from bone, instead of hot sausage and omit jalapeno peppers. Add 8 slices of American cheese in place of Cheddar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
100% food experimenting amateur chef... I use this site to keep my online cook book and recipes I want to try.