Judy Orton's Frozen Sweet Corn
photo by Tona C.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- Combine all ingredients and gently until sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
- DO NOT COOK. DO NOT BLANCH. DO NOT BOIL. ABSOLUTELY NO HEAT!
- Ladle into quart sized baggies and freeze. Make sure the corn is covered with the liquid. Press out all air; lay flat to freeze.
- Or use quart sized freezer containers.
- TO PREPARE FOR SERVING put frozen sweet corn into medium sized sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Let simmer for about 15 minutes. Do not boil. Drain off liquid and add 4 T of butter or margarine. If desired, add 3 T of cream cheese and 3 T of cream to create a rich, decadent side dish. OPTIONAL: Stir in 1 small jar of drained chopped pimientos and garnish top with chives before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!