Jen's Mistake - Aka Herbed Ginger & Garlic Bread
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- Slice the french loaf hoizontally through the middle, then cut both halves into wide slices and place them on a baking paper lined tray. (saves on the washing up!).
- Add the salt, garlic and ginger to the softened butter and mix with a fork to beat it in well.
- Add in the parsley and basil and mix well.
- Spread onto the slices of bread and place the tray in a mod oven (350'F/175'C) and bake for about 10 - 15 minutes
- Don't over cook as they will be too crunchy (unless you like them that way), they should be crispy on the outside but soft in the middle and easy to eat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Your mistake was a blessing would never have thought of adding ginger to a butter mix for bread but it was mmmmmm deliciously different. I used presliced pagnotta (Pane Toscano brand) purchased from the supermarket and made as directed for the butter mix and spreading and baking (took about 20 minutes at 170c fan forced oven). Thank you team mate in Swap 26 March 2009 Aussie forum.