Jamie Oliver's Chicken Fajitas
photo by LifeIsGood
- Ready In:
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 2 limes
- olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 flour tortillas
- 150 ml sour cream
- 230 g guacamole
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 fresh red chili
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander
- sea salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 lime
- extra virgin olive oil, put the griddle pan on high heat
- Put the griddle pan on high heat.
- Halve and deseed the pepper and cut it into thin strips.
- Peel, halve, and finely slice the onion.
- Slice the chicken lengthways into long strips roughly the same size as your pepper strips.
- Put the peppers, onion and chicken into a bowl with the paprika and cumin.
- Squeeze over the juice of half a lime, drizzle with some olive oil, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Put to one side to marinate for 5 minutes or so while you make your salsa.
- Finely chop the chilli. Roughly chop the tomatoes and the coriander, stalks and all.
- Put the chilli and tomatoes into a second bowl with a good pinch of salt and pepper and the juice of 1 lime. Add some extra virgin olive oil, then stir in your chopped coriander.
- Use a pair of tongs to put all the pieces of pepper, onion, and chicken into your preheated pan to cook for 6-8 minutes, until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- As the pan will be really hot, keep turning the pieces of chicken and vegetables over so they don't burn - you just want them to lightly chr grill to give you a lovely flavour.
- Warm the tortillas up in the microwave or a warm dry pan.
- Divide your warmed tortillas between the serving plates.
- Halve the remaining lime and squeeze the juice over the sizzling chicken mixture.
- Divide the chicken mixture beween the tortillas.
- Top with cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It is amazing what a few choice ingredients can do to add flavor. These were cooked on the grill in a grill pan. The chicken was moist and well seasoned. Served with the salsa and Guacamole Rotel (Recipe #405930). I do have leftovers and if you add 4 additional tortillas this recipe will easily serve 4. Made for Aussie Swap.
5 stars all the way! I'll start by saying that I love chef Jamie Oliver and have never had any of his recipes steer me wrong. These fajitas are simple to make (although it took me longer than 20 min.) and have fantastic flavor. I loved the flavoring of paprika, cumin and lime mixed in with the chicken. The salsa was light and a perfect complement with a bit of spice/heat. I only used half a lime on the salsa and half of a small bunch of cilantro - it seemed like plenty. For the toppings: the guac., I just mashed up a ripe avocado and added a bit of lime juice and salt. All put together, these are fabulous and easy fajitas!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Please rate my recipes if you try them! :) **************************************************** Check out the 21 Day Wonder Diet recipes I have posted! I lost 6kg in 3 weeks and feel fantastic! I plan on repeating the diet in a couple of weeks..hoping tio lose another 6kg!! **************************************************** A big thankyou to everyone who has rated and reviewed my stuff, and HUGE thankyou for the wonderful photos. Things have been hectic around here, but I have a cookbook set aside, and I promise I will repay you all with a review of one of your recipes as soon as things calm down a bit! :) <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PACfall08partic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q140/AphY_2007/cocktail1.jpg" > <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/Hebe-1.jpg"> AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND RECIPE SWAP SEPTEMBER 2008 <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> Well..about me! I'm married, I have 2 kids (both boys), and I live in Australia. I have loved cooking for as long as I can remember, and have become completely addicted to browsing through Zaar looking for new recipes! I have a small animal shelter for rabbits and guinea pigs, and spend most of my time looking after kids or critters!. My favourite cookbooks are The Essential Pasta Cookbook, The Central Cookery Book, Flo Bjielkie-Peterson's Country Cookbook, and Greek Cooking (I bought that one in Greece, and it's FANTASTIC). At the minute, we are getting ready to move, which is forcing me to sort through my recipe cabinet. I have been trying out all those recipes that are scribbled on pieces of paper, or torn from magazines, so I can decide ifthey are keepers or not. So far I've found a lot of keepers, and will work at posting them on here. I'm passionate about a lot of things, mainly my kids, animals, and cooking. I won't even start on my peeves, we'll be here all night! lol