Jamaican Chilli Coconut Fish and Prawn (Shrimp) Stew
photo by robd16
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped very very finely
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped very very finely (must be green)
- 4 large white fish fillets, cut into chunks
- 200 g small shrimp, chopped (shrimp)
- 75 g coconut cream, grated
- 1⁄2 - 1 tablespoon scotch bonnet chili sauce
- 1 large egg yolk, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 4 tablespoons chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime, quartered, to serve (I think this is essential)
- fry the onions and green pepper in the butter until softened.
- add the coconut cream and once melted add the fish, prawns, chilli sauce and 1/2 cup of water.
- cook for 5 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through.
- add the cornflour and egg yolk mixture and stir constantly until thickened (you may need to add more water if the mixture is too thick, you want the consistency of a medium thick bechemel sauce).
- add the coriander salt and pepper, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary and cook for 1 minute more.
- Serve over white rice with wedges of lime to squeeze over.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I come from a family of food loves, in fact its the subject we talk about most! I've been trying to write a cookbook for years but always hit stumbling blocks or wanted to go in another direction. Its not as easy as it looks! I've decided to upload my all time favorite recipes onto this website. Trust me when I say that good recipes don't make it onto my page, only the truly great and AMAZINGLY TASTY or ingenious and unusual ones do. Most are tried and tested but some I just give the general idea for. You get the gist! I really appriciate your reviews and comments so If you've made or tasted one of my recipes then please leave me some feedback!