Jam-Filled Thumbprint Cookies
photo by Cinnamonised
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- jam, to fill
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, sugar and salt. Beat in vanilla, milk and cornstarch.
- Stir in flour until just combined.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Place on baking sheet and make a shallow indentation with your thumb. Fill indentation with a bit of jam.
- Bake tarts for 12-13 minutes, until cookies just start to brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have had these in my cookbook for quite a while and thought they would be fun to make on a rainy afternoon (today) with my kids. Followed recipe exactly and end result was a crumby mixture that could not possibly be rolled into balls. Had to throw out mixture. Sorry for low rating but such a waste of ingredients.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
A 19-year old student who loves to cook! I adore baking, but unfortunately being the health-freak I am, I don't eat much of what I bake, but I think I make the others around me happy...!! I love healthy, low-calorie recipes. I am Japanese so I love Japanese cuisine especially, although I am not very experienced at it!