Italian Sausage Stuffed Shells #Ragu
photo by KitchenKreations
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
12 stuffed shells
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 12 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups arugula, roughly chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Ragú® Pasta Sauce (tomato sauce, tomato, garlic and onion)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Also preheat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add sausage. Cook until slightly golden, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- In the meantime bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta shells. Cook just until el dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine ricotta and egg and mix well. Add it to the cooked sausage along with the arugula. Stir until evenly combined.
- Spoon just enough sauce onto the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish and spread to lightly coat the bottom. Evenly fill pasta shells with the sausage mixture and place in baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce on top of the shells, then sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake until slightly golden and bubbly, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Garnish with minced basil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<dd class=profile>My name is Jenn and I live with my boyfriend Josh along with our little girls, Kaia, who was born the summer of 2006 and , Marlee, who joined the family in sping of 2013...and I can't leave out our epileptic four-legged furry kid Raider. I began cooking around the age of twelve for my parents and self and since then have only grown to love the art even more! Since the age of fourteen I have worked in the food and beverage industry, mainly in restaurants creating within myself quite a little foodie monster. In April of 2007 I became a member of Cooking Contest Central where I began my recipe contesting. I have had quite a few wins so far and don't plan on stopping! My mantra is you can't win if you don't enter!</dd>