Italian Pork Kabobs
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin roast, trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed and cut crosswise into rounds
- 2 large bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct medium-hot grilling. For a gas grill, preheat grill on high. Adjust temperature to 400°F For a charcoal grill, build fire and let burn until coals are covered with white ash. Spread coals and let burn for 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and hot red pepper together in large bowl. Whisk in oil. Add basil, oregano, and garlic. Add pork loin and toss to coat. Spread zucchini and bell peppers on top of pork, season with remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and let stand 5 minutes. Stir to coat with marinade. Do not marinate longer than 15 minutes. Skewer pork, zucchini, and bell peppers, alternating ingredients, onto 6 metal kabob skewers. If using wood skewers, soak for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Lightly oil cooking grate. Place kabobs on grill and cover grill. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 10-12 minutes or until pork is browned. Let stand for 3 minutes, then serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a Yankee transplant to the low country. My mom was English, so my cooking style reflects this. My favorite cookbook was McCall's Cookbook which is no longer in print. I've been married to a gourmand for 41 years, so I get lots of practice cooking. We have three daughters that I share recipes with and seven grandchildren -- none old enough to cook yet, but I think we have some budding chefs!</p>