Italian Mushroom Ragout
This is a recipe from Kylie Kwong's cooking show here in Australia (inspired by Stefano and Franca Manfredi). I haven't had a chance to cook it yet but it looks really great. Serve with crusty bread or as a side dish to accompany any chicken or meat dish.
- Ready In:
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 green onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 200 g fresh button mushrooms
- 100 g fresh oyster mushrooms
- 150 g fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded
- 100 g fresh swiss brown button mushrooms
- 100 g fresh enoki mushrooms
- 100 g fresh black cloud ear mushrooms
- 125 g unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch cracked white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Place garlic, onions and salt in a heavy-based pan.
- Cover with all the mushrooms except enoki and cloud ear fungus.
- Top with butter, olive oil and pepper and place over high heat for 5 minutes, without stirring, to allow flavours of the onions and garlic to penetrate the mushrooms.
- Add wine and remaining mushrooms, stirring to combine.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are just tender.
- Stir in parsley and serve.