- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- Combine potatoes and warm water.
- Stir in honey and yeast.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Stir in one cup of flour.
- Blend in salt and oil.
- Beat in remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Allow to rise one hour.
- Punch down and add flour if sticky.
- Rest 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into 12X15 rectangle.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Poke holes in dough.
- Combine oil and garlic for topping.
- Brush over bread.
- Combine rest of ingredients.
- Sprinkle over dough.
- Let dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 450* for 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, this bread was DELICIOUS! I am a sucker for making my own bread, and this has become one of my new favorites. I usually am not the first to try recipes on here, but was searching for a good recipe using my leftover mashed potatoes from Thanksgiving, and am so glad I tried this one!! I pretty much stuck to the recipe exactly, except used 1/3 CUP green onion rather than 1/3 green onion (don't know if that was intentional on the authors part but 1/3 cup worked great). This is definitely a new keeper for my leftover mashed potatoes! That is, when I have the time to make it...
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
i collect cookbooks( I have a problem) I try at least one new recipe a week, sometimes several. Sometimes i will get hooked on a particular cuisine, course or ingredient. The kids still remember the cookie summer and our middle son is finally at a point where he will eat Greek gain.