Instant Pot Vegetarian Stew
- Ready In:
- 1 leek, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 portabella mushroom caps, diced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (8 ounce) package seitan, sliced (OPTIONAL but we love it)
- 4 cups water (less if you like a thicker stew)
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Wondra Flour (dissolved in 2 T water)
- Saute leek and mushroom in oil in instant pot using the lower saute setting (can change it by hitting the adjust button a few times.
- Add carrots, potatoes, celery, water, herbs, worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper. Stir well, then add water and stir again. Set instant pot to 13 minutes on Stew function (or less if you like your veggies less done).
- Meanwhile, saute seitan in a skillet on the stove and set aside.
- Do a 15 minute natural release then release the pressure, putting a towel over the valve if you want to contain the steam.
- Open lid, add seitan, peas, and flour slurry, set to Saute and cook down a minute or two to thicken it a bit.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love creating new recipes and making my family and friends smile when they eat my latest creation.