Indonesian Nasi Goreng
- Ready In:
- First, prepare the eggs. Crack em, whisk em up with salt, and fry a flat omelette on both sides. When it is cool, chop it into little bits that looks like little sticks. Keep aside.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the onion, garlic, chilli (de-seeded if you can't take spicy food)and the shrimp paste. Pulse it up real well till everything is smooth, with the help of just a bit of water imbetween.
- Heat up loads of oil in a big pan and fry the paste on a low heat for 15 minutes. Add in your chicken (which should be cut into strips!) and fry till its cooked. Put in your dried anchovies or shrimp and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the mixed vegetables and fry for another 3 minutes or so. Finally toss in your cooked basmati rice and cook cook cook till everything is well coated.
- Dump in your lil egg strips and continue tossing and frying for another 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This dish was certainly flavourful. I cut the amount of dried shrimp to 1/2 cup cause dried shrimp is really expensive here! I upped the mixed vegetables to 3 cups, which I know changes the recipe substantially - but it was very, very good. I used a combo of peas, corn, mixed peppers and cauliflower. We really enjoyed this.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
my flickr page: http://flickr.com/photos/tunasushi Hey there! Thanks for stopping by to look @ my profile :) I'll be 15 on the 11th of September 2006....Ive been using Zaar for quite a while now and I've made tons of friends so far...... I started cooking when I was umm....12 and a half and Ive been in love with it ever since...My first project was the classic batch of brownies. I used a pan that was too big and I got really really flat brownies.....For the frosting I used granulated sugar and had crunchy frosting haha..... Ive gotten much better since then! I tend to get discouraged very easily if something I make does not come out like it was expected to....I can even get depressed over it..... I have plans on going to Le Courdon Bleu Sydney in mid 2008 and completing the Grand Diploma there...... This is my cat Kiara. I found her in the backyard when I was 10, and I started feeding her toast and grape jelly. She's on a normal cat's diet now haha. <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/kiaraaaa.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> This is Pluto, and sadly he went missing just before Christmas.... <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/PlutO.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> The small pic is when I was 4, and the other is a recent pic :) <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/ff.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/meme.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> Lookin a bit mad...hehe