Indian Spiced Cauliflower, Potatoes and Peas (Gobhi Matar Raseda
- Ready In:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 large potato
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup canned diced tomato, with juices
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Cut cauliflower into florets, approximately 1 1/2". Peel potato and cut into about 3/4" dice. Measure out the cumin powder, coriander, turmeric and cayenne into a small bowl and have it ready next to the stove.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the cumin seeds and stir-fry for 20-30 seconds, until they brown.
- Add bowl of spices and stir-fry for a few seconds to mix them in with the oil, then add in the cauliflower and potatoes. Stir the vegetables around for 5-8 minutes, until they are thoroughly coated with the seasonings and starting to sear a bit.
- Add the tomatoes and stiry-fry another 3 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add salt and boiling water, stir a few times and then cover the skillet.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender - about 15-25min.
- When tender, uncover and add the frozen peas. Stir in and simmer an additional 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and serve sprinkled with chopped fresh cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!