Indian Lima Beans
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (more if you like it hot)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (I use a whole lemon)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- In 1 quart sauce pan sauté olive oil, onions and cinnamon until soft.
- Add salt, pepper, chili, water and lima beans. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, lemon and parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">