Indian Green Beans With Mushrooms
- Ready In:
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 small onions, cut into fine half-rings
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, cut into slivers
- 5 garlic cloves, diced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch segments
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- put oil in wide pan and set over medium high heat. when oil is hot, add cumin seeds. as soon as seeds begin to sizzle, add onion. stir and fry till onion browns. add ginger and garlic. stir until garlic starts to brown.
- add mushrooms. stir and fry for 2 minutes. add beans, ground coriander, ground cumin, turmeric, garam masala, cayenne, salt, tomato, and 1/2 c water.
- bring to boil; cover, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- remove cover, raise heat, and boil most of liquid away, stirring gently as you do.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!