Imperial Pound Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a large tube pan.
- In a large bowl, beat Margarine and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in Egs, one at a time.
- Beat in Vanilla.
- Slowly add Flour, beating until well mixed.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar and nuts if desired.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours, or until cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a Stay at Home Mum from Australia who now proudly calls St. Louis home! I love cooking and baking for my family and have a special fondness for 'retro' recipes. My husband is currently a Steelworker and is a Marine Corps Veteran. We have 3 beautiful children - 2 boys and a girl, as well as a furbaby!