Hunter's Barbecue Chicken
- Ready In:
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices streaky bacon
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
For BBQ sauce
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, dried
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 tablespoon louisiana hot sauce
- To make the barbecue sauce, place all the ingredients into a large saucepan, bring to boil. The reduce heat to very low and simmer, covered for 2 - 3 hours. It can then be kept for a few days in the fridge and so can be prepared in advance.
- Wash the chicken breasts and remove any sinew.
- Wrap each breast in a piece of streaky bacon and place in a baking dish/tray.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken breasts. You can then proceed to cook them immediately or they can be left to marinade for an hour or so and this will increase the flavor of the barbecue chicken.
- Cover with foil and cook in a preheated oven 200°C or 400°F for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes are up, remove the foil and baste the chicken breasts with the sauce. Then return to the oven for a further ten minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over each breast. Return to the oven for a few minuted until the cheese is melted and bubbling, serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi all, my name is Donna Cunningham. I am 21 years old and I work as a cook in a canteen. I am so so passionate about cooking. I have changed the canteen I work in from serving sausages and chips all the time to having a different meal every night. I love eperimenting. I adapt traditional recipes and make up ones of my own!