Hot Cocoa for a Group
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I made this Christmas eve and it was a hit, I did serve out of the crockpot and it was alot easier.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 - 1 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 gallon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Add hot water slowly, mixing well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Boil and stir 2 minutes.
- Add milk; heat to serving temperature, stirring occasionally.
- DO NOT boil.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla, cinnamon if desired, and whip with a whisk.
- Serve hot, with whipped cream or marshmallows if desired.
- This recipe can be doubled and kept in crockpot for easier serving to large groups.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wonderful! I make a lot of cocoa for the boys and loved finding this recipe for an entire gallon of milk. We keep the leftovers in a pitcher in the fridge, and stir or shake before heating a mug in the microwave. Used lowest amount of salt listed and did add the cinnamon for a nice touch. Thanks for sharing the recipe!Reply
see 2 more