MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
With February just "around the corner", Valentine's Day, GWs birthday, and cherry season, here's a great dessert! Recipe is from Bake Shop in a Book.
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) cherry cake mix
- 2 eggs, adjust per box directions
- 1⁄4 cup oil, adjust per box directions
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup dark sweet cherry, well drained and chopped
- fresh cherries, halved (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Use two 8- or 9-inch round layer cake pans.
- Mix, bake and cool cake as directed on package.
- Split ONLY ONE LAYER into 2 thin layers.
- Soften cream cheese.
- Add sugar, nutmeg and milk; beat until smooth.
- Measure out 3/4 cup of the mixture and stir chopped cherries into this 3/4 cup of mixture.
- Spread half of the cherry cream cheese mixture on top of one thin cake layer.
- Place the unsplit cake layer on top and spread with remaining cherry cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining thin cake layer.
- Frost sides and top of cake with the reserved plain cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish top of cake with whole fresh cherries or cherry halves, if desired.
- Store cake in refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION