Horchata (Iced Cinnamon Milk Punch)
- Ready In:
- Combine rice and cinnamon stick pieces in large bowl.
- Stir in 12 cups of water. Let stand (room temperature) 6-8 hours.
- Without disturbing rice on bottom, pour most of the water into another contaciner; reserve.
- Remove cinnamon from rice mixture and reserve.
- Add milk, condensed milk, sugar and vanilla to rice. Stir to mix.
- Process in blender or food processor, working in batches, until as smooth as possible.
- Stir mixture into reserved water. Return cinnamon pieces to mixture & chill.
- Remove cinnamon sticks. Shake vigorously and serve in tall ice-filled glasses.
- Garnish each glass with ground cinnamon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is my favorite recipe for Horchata so far. This recipe taste more like the traditional horchata at my favorite mexican restaurants. I like the fact that you don't have to wait overnight for the rice to soak. I also like the fact that you don't have to filter the drink. I don't think my fav. mexican restaurant filters there. I had to be careful with the cinnamon at the end. Next time I make this I will put a new stick in the finished drink while it's cooling. That way I can avoid any floating little sticks of cinnamon that broke off. As far as the changes I made- I think I only put 11 cups of water. I was afraid that it might come out to watery. I put another 1/2 cup of sugar. (My family likes it sweet) My kids claimed it came out perfect so I wanted to share my results!