Homemade Refried Beans
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- Combine the water and beans on stove. Bring to a boil and time it for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover. Let sit for one hour.
- Add enough water to cover beans and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Mash beans and add the butter, salt and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Serve remaining cheese on top of each serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!