Homemade Pizza Dough and Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
8 1/8 serving size
For the Pizza Dough
- 1 cup bread flour (140 grams)
- 1 cup of organic white whole wheat flour (140 grams)
- 5 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese (3 will be used to sprinkle on the dough before adding all toppings)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of mrs. dash Italian herb seasoning
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons (1 package of dry active yeast)
- 3⁄4 cup warm water (100-105 degrees)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- cornmeal (to sprinke on the pizza pan)
- cooking spray
For the Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Smucker's No Sugar Added Orange Spread, mrs. dash italian medley seasoning blend (add more if needed)
- cooking spray
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in warm water. Stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a seperate bowl,weigh the flours to equal a combined total of 280 grams (OR) lightly spoon flour into measuring cups and place in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cheese and Mrs. Dash to the flour mixture.
- Add the flour mixture to the yeast mixture.
- Stir until a soft dough form and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 6 minutes. If needed, add additional flour, 1 tbsp @ a time to prevent dough from sticking to your hands.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray.
- Turn the dough to coat with spray.
- Cover the bowl with a towel. Let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from draft, for 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Remove dough from bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for up to a day, unless using immediatedly.
- When ready to make the pizza, preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Place a rack lowest part of the oven.
- Remove the dough from plastic wrap.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough out into a 12 inch.
- circle. (Don't worry about making a perfect circle).
- Lightly sprinkle a round pan with corn meal.
- Roll the dough onto the prepared pan and crimp the edges.
- Lightly spray the surface of the crust with cooking spray, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator, remove the plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on the crust, spread the sauce on the pizza and add the cheese.
- Place pizza in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble and crust is toasted, but not burned.
- For the Sauce:.
- Cook the garlic in a small pot coated with cooking spray. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the water, tomato paste and seasoning. Stir with a whisk and simmer for 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!