Homemade Cat Food
- Ready In:
- Chop the parsley finely and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drain the chicken livers in a sieve over the sink and rinse well. Drop into boiling water.
- Allow water to return just to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat and cover. Let the livers poach for five minutes. Drain well, rinse in cold water, chop in processor, and add to bowl with parsley.
- Drain tuna, add to mixture along with rice.
- Mix and mash until well combined. Fill storage containers and refrigerate for up to one week, or freeze in portions for up to three months.
Please do not feed this to your cat! Not only is canned tuna bad for cats, Any grains, or rice, or soy, or potatoe is good for your cat. But more important, the recipe does not include taurine which is a CRITICAL amino acid in a cats diet. There are other vitamins and minerals they require as well. Please do some research before making food for your cat. Since you are generally trying to improve your cats diet make sure each ingredient is good for your cat and that you have added the necessary supplements..