- Ready In:
- 840hrs 15mins
- 5 teaspoons anise seed, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 (750 ml) bottle brandy (the cheap stuff is fine)
- 9 5⁄8 ounces simple syrup (recipe below) (optional)
- Place aniseed, fennel seed, and coriander in a bowl.
- Grind all the seeds using the back of a spoon.
- Add the ground seeds to the brandy.
- Allow the mixture to soak for 4 weeks and then strain out the seeds.
- Allow the haze to settle for a week then pour off the sediment.
- Add the simple syrup and shake.
- To Make Simple Syrup: Add 1 part water to 2 parts sugar.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Slowly heat over a medium heat, stirring occasionally. Keep below boiling.
- The syrup is finished once the sugar is dissolved.
Join The Conversation