Holiday Mincemeat Cake With Eggnog Rum Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup water (or 1/4 cup less than called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup mincemeat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds (or your favorite nuts)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Combine cake mix according to package directions, except reduce water by 1/4°C.
- Pour into a prepared 9X13 pan.
- Bake for 34-40 minute or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Combing sugar, butter and Eggnog in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, boil 2 minute Stir in extract and nutmeg.
- Serve warm over Holiday Mincemeat Cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a retired Oral Surgery Assistant. I have a fun part time job now, I am a wine steward. My husband and I love to collect wine. We have some of the best Pinot Noir in the world, here in Oregon. However my love is cooking and recipe collecting. This is one of my favorite sites.