High Altitude Cranberry Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
As a recent transplant to Colorado, I am having to adjust all my recipes for the High Altitude. This is my attempt at Cranberry Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Mix the orange juice, egg, orange zest & sugar and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Sift dry ingredients. Cut in the shortening with pastry blender or forks mixing with a fork until evenly moistened.
- Fold in the cranberry mixture slowly until evenly mixed.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45-60 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean) at 350 degrees. Cool 10 minutes. Makes 1 loaf.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION