Hearty Baked Macaroni
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From the American Heart Association
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly spray a 9 X 9 X 2 casserole with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato puree, water, Italian seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic powder.
- In another bowl, combine cottage cheese, onion powder, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Spoon 1/3 of the tomato mixture into prepared casserole dish. Place 1/2 of the macaroni, all of cottage cheese mixture, and 1/3 of tomato mixture on top.
- Add remaining macaroni and cover with remaining tomato mixture.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes more or intil cheese is melted. Let sand for 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION