Healthy Spicy Roti,
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour (Chapatti Atta)
- 1⁄2 cup grams flour (Besan)
- 1 medium green chili, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 pinches asafoetida powder (Hing)
- 1 tablespoon oil (Prefer Olive Oil)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves (Cilantro)
- 1. In a Bowl, Mix all ingredients; use Luke warm water to knead the dough.
- 2. Cover the dough with wet cloth and let it rest in warm place for 20 minutes.
- 3. Take a small portion of dough and make it same size as golf ball.
- 4. Take a rolling pin and roll the dough. Dough size should be same as regular chapatti size.
- 5. Heat a griddle pan (Chapati Tawa) and cook the dough on each side for 2 minutes.
- 6. You may use cloth to press the dough to help it cook evenly.
- 7. With help of Tongs place the roti on open flame. Cook about 15 seconds on each side.
- 8. Your Spicy Roti is ready, you may apply little olive oil or ghee on your roti.
- Serve hot with Mango Pickle, Chutney and Yogurt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!