Spicy Garlic Ginger Roti
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 4 tablespoons dry wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, grated
- 4 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped very fine
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ghee
- Mix wheat, plain flour and salt.
- Rub in the 2 tbsp.
- Add warm water to form soft pliable dough.
- Cover with moist cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- The spicy mixture should be dry.
- Divide dough into 9 portions.
- Make ball and roll into a chappati of 7" diameter.
- Use dry flour for dusting while rolling.
- Brush chappati with ghee.
- Sprinkle some of the mixture over it.
- Roll one more and place over the first.
- Apply ghee and sprinkle mixture.
- Follow with one more roti ending with spicy mixture.
- Gently press down and roll into a tight Swiss roll.
- Cut the roll into 3 parts.
- Dust with dry flour.
- Keep aside.
- Repeat for other six rotis, making 2 more rolls.
- Take one piece, twist and flatten gently.
- Dust with flour and roll to a thick chappati.
- Shallow fry on hot griddle drizzling ghee on both sides.
- Press lightly and fry to a golden brown.
- Repeat with other pieces.
- Serve hot with fresh curds, sauce, jam or chutney.
- Note: Leftover cold roti makes an excellent snack with your afternoon tea or coffee.
- Variations: Make a sweet filling of dry flours, flaked desiccated coconut and powdered sugar, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note