Healthy - Black Devils Food Cake
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- vegetable oil cooking spray, 20 sprays
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- flour, for dusting pan
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk or 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9x2-inch pan with vegetable oil spray. Dust with flour; shake off excess. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda. Whisk in applesauce, buttermilk and vegetable oil.
- In a small saucepan, bring coffee to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir gently into batter.
- Mixture will be soupy. Pour into pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or let cool completely.
- Servings: 20.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is such a fantastic recipe. I've made this about a half dozen times already. It is moist, delicious, easy to make and extremely versatile. I've made a thin sheet cake using a jelly roll pan. I used a large biscuit cutter and made rounds to make beautiful individual cakes. I used fat free whipped cream for filling and as "icing" and made chocolate covered coffee beans for decoration. I'm making this for Father's Day and will drizzle with dark chocolate for an added touch. This cake is always a huge hit no matter what form it is presented.
This cake was delicious! I made it for my Mother's Birthday and it was a big hit. Very moist and flavorful. I added a tsp. of Vanilla to the recipe and used French Vanilla coffee. I would definitely make this cake again and recommend it to anyone looking for a delectable chocolate cake. Thanks for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook is the first thing people find out about me. My main passion is my Nuwave oven and converting recipes to cook in my Nuwave. We are always looking for new recipes!!<br /><br /><br />Also, I love to help others! <br /><br /><br />If you find any of my recipes helpful or want to speak with me about it. Please drop me a line. If you wish to help with the Nuwave/Flavorwave Oven recipes please drop me a line or Chef At Heart - (Leanne) - http://www.recipezaar.com/member/416807 She is my partner in crime (Leanne) with Nuwave/Flavorwave recipes! <br /><br /><br />The second thing, I have several passions! One is for my Nu-Wave Oven which is the same as a Flavorwave Oven. <br /><br />The 3rd thing is I love my Crockpot. <br /><br /><a id=clustrMapsLink href=http://www3.clustrmaps.com/counter/maps.php?url=http://www.recipezaar.com/member/531768><img src=http://www3.clustrmaps.com/counter/index2.php?url=http://www.recipezaar.com/member/531768 alt= /> <br /></a><a href=http://www.amazingcounter.com><img src=http://cb.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=2106566&c=6320011 border=0 alt=Free Hit Counter /></a><a href=http://www.1-coupons.com/coupons/target.htm></a></p>