Healthy Apple Crisp
- Ready In:
- Mix the butter, Splenda, whole wheat flour, pecans, rolled oats, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Peel, core and slice about 6-8 apples. We like to use gala apples as they don’t get mushy when baked.
- As you are slicing them, add them to a bowl with some water to cover them and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. This will prevent them from turning brown on you while you finish slicing all the apples.
- Drain the apples.
- Place them in a baking dish with high sides that you have sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover the apples with the topping.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes or until the apples are soft and the topping looks crispy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this exactly as written, except I left out the pecans as my DH cannot eat nuts. It was very easy to put together. However, after baking for 30 minutes it still did not seem done, so I baked an additional 10 minutes. The topping was quite dry and the filling was not very juicy and did not have much flavor (even with ice cream on top). Maybe it would be better with a different kind of apple, but it really needs something to hold it together (more butter??).