Healthy and Tasty Alfredo Sauce
Your guests will think they are eating the real thing wih all those calories, but surprise this is full of that flavour but good for your heart. Add your choice of 2 cups cooked seafood or cooked chicken to the sauce.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon low-fat margarine
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 350 ml carnation fat-free evaporated milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced
- 2 cups cooked seafood or 2 cups chicken
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 cups cooked linguine
- In a large skillet heat margarine and oil. Add onions and shallots; cook until translucent.
- Add mushrooms if using and cook another 5 minutes or until they.
- are cooked. An alternative to mushrooms could be zucchini, broccoli, asparagus;your choice.
- In a small bowl stir together flour and 1/2 cup evaporated milk.
- Meanwhile add rest of milk to your vegetables and simmer.
- Add flour mixture and blend together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked seafood or chicken, parsley and roasted red pepper and stir until they are heated through. Just before serving gently stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon over cooked linquini.
- Have the pepper mill as well as freshly grated parmesan on the table.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION