Healthier (Yes Its True!!!), Best Ever, Layered Nacho Dip
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
16 2/3 cup servings
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups light sour cream (5%)
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 3 large avocados
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) container light garden vegetable cream cheese spread
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons black olives, minced (optional)
- First Layer (Bottom): Place beans, 1 cup sour cream and 2tbsp of the taco seasoning in the bowl of a mini food processor and puree until smooth. Spread evenly over bottom of 8 x 11 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Cover and refrigerate with plastic wrap while you make second layer.
- Second Layer: Place peas and green chiles (with their liquid) in the bowl of a mini food processor and puree until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Peel and pit avocados and place pieces in a large bowl. Toss with lime juice and garlic. Mash well using a potato masher. Add pureed peas, minced onions, 1 tbsp of the fresh chopped cilantro, the remaining tbsp of taco seasoning, salt/pepper and mix well. Spread evenly over bean layer. Cover and refrigerate while you make third layer.
- Third Layer: In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sour cream and cream cheese until well blended. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over guacamole.
- Fourth Layer: Spread salsa over cream cheese layer.
- Fifth Layer: (Cheesy Decorations) Sprinkle grated cheddar evenly over salsa. Top with chopped lettuce, followed by red pepper, green onions and black olives (if using). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving. Serve with multigrain or baked nacho chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!