Hand-Cut Fries With Smoked Aioli (Gluten Free)
photo by under12parsecs
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon smoked spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick sticks (about 2 pounds)
- In a food processor, puree the mayonnaise with the garlic, smoked paprika and lemon juice.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Scrape the aioli into a small bowl and refrigerate.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 inch of oil to 250°.
- In a large bowl, rinse the potatoes and pat thoroughly dry.
- Working in batches, fry the potatoes until they are almost tender and look dry on the outside, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Increase the oil temperature to 350°.
- Cook the fries in batches until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain and immediately season with salt.
- Sprinkle the fries with the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley and serve with the smoked aioli.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum :-) These were very good! I've had a love affair with aioli and fries for a while now, and was so happy to indulge with your recipe! I make my aioli very similar to this, but liked the addition of parsley and paprika. The smokiness from the paprika was understated, but really added another layer of flavor to the aioli. I'm glad I made this; it will certainly be going into my keeper file! Thanks so much for sharing, UmmBinat!