An appetizer. Ham squares. This recipe came from my Aunt Barb and is very popular and so easy! (Always buy packaged ham for this.)
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package ham slices
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Mix all but the ham. Lay out one ham slice. Spread with enough of the mixture to cover the ham. Lay the next slice of ham on top and spread the mix again to cover the next layer. Keep doing this until out of mix but end with a layer of ham on top.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the wrap, slice into small squares. Serve with toothpicks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
WOW! These are SO good -- and simple to make! I quadrupled the recipe and got 128 little bites. I used a clean paper towel to dab the surface of each slice of ham to dry it to make it easier to spread the cream cheese mixture. Then I sliced the stack down the middle lengthwise, and then each half down the middle, yielding 4 rows; and then cut 8 rows across. There are all kinds of possibilities here - cream cheese with: green olives & pimentos, or Cajun seasoning and black olives, or chives, or maybe a little crushed pineapple? I'll be experimenting on this festive and fun recipe. Thanks for a great recipe, ToffeeBee! Made for Spring 2008 PAC.1Reply