- Ready In:
- 2 cups cooked noodles, cooled (rice noodles, cellophane noodles or even spaghetti)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded thinly
- 2 green onions, julienned chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1 stick celery, chopped thinly
- 3 eggs, beaten (whole eggs or 1 whole egg and 2 whites)
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 green onions, julienned chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, crushed (optional)
- When you make the noodles, after draining them but before you refrigerate them, coat with 1 tbsp of sesame oil and mix thoroughly so each strand is coated with oil.
- When ready to cook, heat sesame oil in a heavy bottom wide pan on high heat. Add garlic, crushed red chilies flakes and sauté them for a minute Add green onions and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add celery, bell pepper, carrots and sauté them for 2 mins on high heat. The vegetables will be partially cooked so they will still be crunchy when served. Add cabbage and sauté it for a minute.
- Add beaten eggs on the veggies and sauté them till eggs are scrambled and nicely cooked.
- Add black pepper and mix for a few seconds.
- Add soysauce and let the veggies cook for a minute.
- Add noodles and mix well with all the veggies and soy sauce. (Take 2 large forks and toss the noodles from the bottom so as to have a nice soy sauce coat on all the noodles).
- Taste the noodles and check the seasoning accordingly (If more salt is needed, add more soy sauce and toss again with forks).
- Serve it into a plate with some sesame seeds, finely cut green onions and crushed peanuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!