Ground Turkey Helper
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups no-sugar-added spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch oregano
- 5 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 1 to 2 inch lengths
- 1⁄2 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, grated
- Fry the ground turkey, onion and garlic in large non-stick frying pan for 4-5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and mushrooms.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add water, spaghetti sauce, basil,and oregano.
- Heat until boiling.
- Add pasta.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until pasta is tender but firm and liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Add mozzarella cheese.
- Stir until melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We want to organize and share the recipes that we use to get healthy.