Ground Turkey and Barley Casserole
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the turkey and vegetables in a large skillet.
- Drain and return to skillet.
- Add tomato paste, beef broth, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes or until the barley is done.
- You may need to add more water if it appears too dry.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I agree with Pardeemom. It definitely needs more seasoning. But with dded spice, it is a good, easy recipe. I only had 1.5 pounds of ground turkey to use. I added several small minced cloves of garlic with the other vegetables. I used a total of 3.5 cups of water and used 2 tsp. vegetable broth powder in place of the beef broth.Then, when it was finished, I added 1 tsp. of garlic powder and 1 tsp. oregano. Thanks for a great idea!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We want to organize and share the recipes that we use to get healthy.