Grilled Zucchini With Fresh Mozzarella
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Use as an appetizer or side dish for your Italian food. It is amazingly easy to put together. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar for another great taste.
- Ready In:
- 3 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 lb salted fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into thick slices
- Light the grill or heat the broiler.
- In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, toss the zucchini with 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill or broil the zucchini, turning once, until tender and golden, about 5 minutes per side.
- Put the zucchini back in the bowl.
- Toss the zucchini with 1/2 Tbs of the oil, 1/8 tsp salt, the vinegar, garlic, and parsley.
- Let cool.
- Put the mozzarella slices on a serving plate, fanning them out to form a circle.
- Drizzle them with the remaining 1/2 Tbs oil and sprinkle them with a pinch of pepper.
- Fold the zucchini slices in half and tuck them between the pieces of cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION