Grilled Tuna Steaks With Lemon-Pepper Butter
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 2 (8 ounce) tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick
- In a small bowl, mash together the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, the 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the garlic powder. Set aside (or chill if not using immediately).
- Prepare the grill for medium-high direct heat and lightly oil the grate (or preheat a broiler). Brush oil on both sides of tuna steaks. Season the tuno on both sides with salt and additional pepper. Grill or broil for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare, turning once.
- Transfer tuna steaks to a serving platter; top with the butter mixture.
Join The Conversation